Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I love cameos, lace, and flowers almost as much as I love Adam...

Sooo Adam is away working because Debby (the tropical storm) has flooded FL & left so many people without power. I am so thankful and proud that Adam is a man that loves to work hard and help people. Honestly when he goes on storms I feel a little guilty because I dont have to do anything while he is busting his butt. I say that like I dont have anything to do but the truth is I am always taking on a project. So I guess what I am really saying is I may not have to cook, clean, or wash work uniforms while he is gone but I keep myself busy. I love cameos, lace, and flowers almost as much as I love Adam & this table setting has been another MUST HAVE for me. Ive been day dreaming about which event to use this look for, since the first time I laid eyes on it! Maybe showers, bridal luncheons, or even the wedding? My mix-match fine china and wild flowers placed in settings similar to the pictures below are going to be a sight ya'll are going to HAVE to see.



This is the inspiration.


The setting is classically beautiful however it is impossible to find many cameos that match. Plus, I have one massive crew of girlfriends & I knew finding enough cameos for them would be challenging soooooo I began collecting them. Yardsales, flea markets, antique stores, estate sales, new ones, buttons, earring honestly anything that shows a resemblance to a cameo for the right price Ive been buying. So far this is what the collection consist of....





<3 Im pretty sure this is the oldest one I have found YET. I have only found a few pins to compare it to & they date back to 1873. Im thinking its made of tin?  It is very fragile!  <3
 (let me know if you know anything about any of these pieces)
This one is a great replica.

The hat pin is amazing.


I have 2 like the bronze in the middle, they were destine to be my earrings. 


I think this is my favorite it has a Victorian man and a women looking at each other. I have 2 they will most defiantly be my earrings post wedding.



 I restored the pins on many of these and painted spots on a few of the newer ones but most are already perfection. The beauty in them is amazing to me the craft it took for people to actually make these is awing. As I do with most of my vintage items I love looking at them and thinking about the story behind them. I am willing to bet they have yet to see a party like the ones going to be thrown for us! I can NOT wait to pull it all together to see how everything is going to flow. I have lots to craft tonight & I cant wait to show ya'll whats next.    
                                                                                   iamthatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment